- 3 Compliments mini angel food cakes, cut in half along the height
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white sugar or maple sugar
- Seeds from a vanilla bean or 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 275 g Mascarpone cheese
- 1 and 7/8 cup (473 ml) 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dark Beaurivage maple syrup
- 100 g toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cups (250 ml) blueberries (or another berry)
- 2 cups (250 ml) sliced strawberries (or another berry)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dark Beaurivage maple syrup
Maple Mascarpone Mousse
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar with an egg beater or mixer.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla, mascarpone cheese, and beat for about 5 minutes.
- Put aside in a large bowl.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks using an egg beater or mixer.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the first mixture using a spatula.
- Place the butter and the cut mini angel food cakes into a hot pan.
- Lightly fry one side. Set aside.
- Mix the berries with the maple syrup and fresh basil in a bowl.
- Place the fried mini angel food cakes on the plate. Garnish with the maple mascarpone mousse, maple-berry mixture, and grilled almonds.
- Garnish it all with maple syrup (to taste).